Imagine: Your book launch massive and seamless — simultaneously debuting nationally in front of your audience before the ink dries
What would a winning book launch do for your book’s potential? Your author brand potential?
RSI understands the hurdles authors face when a book first goes to market. We understand the expectations of publishers, and how their goal is to successfully sell your book into booksellers—not market to the pool of potential readers of your book.
We partner with authors to create and tap an audience—to connect the potential buyers of your book directly with the bookseller to leverage your launch potential. Our goal is to reach further than just typical launch management—our deep relationships enable us to create opportunities outside of what’s expected, to gain substantial traction within the critical “first 90 days” of your launch—or booksellers will send your book back to the publisher.
- Leverage our relationships with individuals in “Seven Channels of Influence” to promote your book. Research shows that people are influenced by multiple touch-points – and that our buying decisions are driven by as many as seven channels within our culture.
- Send email promotions to as many as 300,000 book buyers on our proprietary database of business and self-help book buyers.
- Write and design electronic promotions such as banners, excerpts, and Q&As
- Build a powerful merchandising program with key retailers like airport booksellers, Amazon, B&N (Brick-n-Mortar and BN.com), Borders, Books-A-Million and independent outlets. The key to a winning book launch campaign is to have copies of your book in prominent positions at as many retailers as possible – and then drive sell through.
- Design an in-person book tour with all engagements linked to bulk purchases. RSI literally wrote the book on book tours.
- Sell into Speakers Bureaus by marketing authors to the associations and companies hiring speakers for events- and tie-in the book launch to coincide with the events so the book is included in marketing
- Lead the segmentation of your database while designing a powerful communications campaign that utilizes emails, podcasts, guest blogging, book clubs, Twitter and media.
- Write and design promotions such as flyers, bookmarks, postcards, space ads, and “lumpy” mail.
- Blitz the top 500 websites with several relevant 800-word articles focusing on a call to action to highlight your book and direct the reader to purchase.
- Create platform tools--a dedicated book website, promotional products, a customer database, and more; ensure that all activities build upon one another
- Cross-sell your backlist books, training materials, and related products to your customer base
- Recommend and help secure key influential endorsements for your book jacket
- Liaise with the publisher’s marketing manager; ensure that Authorship™ commitments are met
- Recommend ways to invest your time and resources effectively, in ways that will drive sales.
Clients include Marcus Buckingham, Scott Anthony, Michael Watkins Linda Kaplan Thaler and Robin Koval, Rick Smith, Tim Keiningham, Partners in Leadership and Steve Farber.